Admin note: Thanks to Liss for doing such a great series on baby gear for twins reviews. In case you have missed the earlier reviews, they can be found at bassinet for twins and twin breastfeeding pillows. This article is the third in the series and is focused on a double stroller review. Over to you Liss!
It is me again to do another baby gear for twins review. This time, it is again going to be another essential product that any parents who have twins will need. I am talking about the double stroller. Before I purchased mine, I did a lot of research because double strollers are not cheap and I want to make sure I bought a good quality one.
After researching for days, I bought the Contours Options Tandem Stroller. This is my review of the stroller after using them for my twins.
Tandem stroller ratings
I gave this Tandem stroller a 4.5 stars. Most of the time, it is really solid but there are little imperfections here and there that prevents this twin baby gear from achieving a 100% score in my books.
Let’s see what I like about this double stroller.
- Rotating seats: This is my favourite feature as I can rotate the seats to suit any condition that might popped up. For example, I can turn the seats to face each other so that it is easier for me to feed the twins at once.
- Ample storage: I really like the ample storage space under the tandem strollers. As a mommy, you know that you need to carry lots of stuff and this storage really helps me to put everything in one place.
- Reclining seats: The reclining baby seats make them very comfortable for my kids. Whenever they are tired, the reclining position makes it easier for them to fall asleep.
- All surface wheels: The wheels for this double stroller can be rolled over all sorts of surface, making it easy for me or my husband to go anywhere with the twins.
- Car seat attachment: This is a nice feature whereby you can detach the infant carrier from the car seat and attach it to the stroller. In this way, you don’t need to wake the kids which will usually get them in bad mood.
Overall, it is a really nice doubler stroller. However as mentioned earlier, there are some things which can be improved.
- Heavy: The tandem stroller is really heavy because of the double seats. I do mean this. You need some strength to carry this to your car.
- Need storage space: Due to its size, you need to have a large enough trunk to be able to store it. To make it easier, you can take out one of the seats to compress it to a smaller size.
- Lack of accessories: This is not a con per say but I want to bring to your attention that this tandem stroller does not come with lunch trays so you need to carry them around separately in case you want to use them.
Where to buy Contours Options Tandem Stroller
I bought this from Amazon as I get to enjoy the 28% discount or USD78 in dollar savings relative to the retail price. I searched the internet for the best price to buy this Contours Options Tandem Stroller and amazon has it. I recommend that you buy from amazon.
Hope you enjoy this Tandem stroller review!