Rebound Jogging: A Great Way to Tone Up and Lose Weight

Woman ExercisingA great way to tone up and lose weight is on a mini trampoline. It is easy to do and plant your rebounder in front of your television or hook up your ipod and the minutes will fly right on by. If you hate to exercise or lack motivation this is the way to go.

If you are new to rebounding you will want to start out slow. It is recommended that you start out rebounding for about five minutes at a time and build up from there. Rebounding sessions should be approximately 30 minutes apart. The calories burned jogging on a rebounder will vary according to body weight, but an average size person will burn approximately 180 calories per 30 minutes.

Rebounding is a perfect activity for seniors, as it causes no stress on the joints. Rebounding also brings more oxygen to your tissues. This results in less fatigue and more energy. It also helps to reduce fat and thereby increases weight loss. Rebounding helps to reduce your blood pressure and decrease cholesterol levels. When you jog on a rebounder you are increasing your metabolism. This will allow your calories to burn more efficiently, which may result in reduced weight. Rebounding improves coordination and aids in a more efficient digestive system.

Although exercising enables you to be less fatigued and gives you an energy boost when you do lie down to sleep you are more relaxed and will fall asleep more easily. Rebound jogging several times each day will ease your stress and you will feel better psychologically and physically. Incorporate rebounding in to your exercise routine for a great form of exercise and stress reliever.

Related posts:

About Angel Lynn Diamond

I am a mom to my precious one and only, a nurse in a heartwarming adult living facility, and a freelance writer. I am "Angel" to the one who has been in my life since January of 2006 and has made a joyful difference. I am a featured contributing writer for Rich Women Sisterhood, families.com, and a writing and health advisor on Just Answer. As well, I write greeting cards, articles in health, relationships, diet, fitness, parenting, inspiration and travel. I have also written for A Distinctive Style magazine. I reside in Upstate, NY and enjoy spending time with my loved ones, writing, crafting, the outdoors, and fitness.

Comments

1. Kristen says:

I am really starting to think that this whole “weight loss” focus is wrong. We need to be focused on “healthy living” and then everything else will follow…(like natural weight loss, longer life, cleaner arteries (heart health), better skin, and generally happier life) That, to me, makes a whole lot more sense! Thank you so much, Kristen K.

2. Angel Lynn says:

I totally agree, Kristen! We should focus on healthful living, as opposed to dieting. We should be making lifestyle changes to continue in our lives instead of dieting until the weight is lost and then resuming our prior way of life. This would likely only result in regaining the weight.

Rebound jogging has great “healthy” benefits, as stated in the article. It lowers the blood pressure and cholesterol, it brings oxygen to the tissues and gives our metabolism a “heave-ho”. The added bonus is that rebound jogging helps to tone the body and burns up calories if you do desire to lose weight. It is a great form of exercise, especially for someone with knee joint problems. I encourage everyone to eat healthy, exercise and reduce stress! Thanks for reading!

3. What most people don’t seem to realise is that in order to lose weight you don’t just need to eat less but you need to eat the right foods at the right times, get proper sleep and make sure to include exercise.
    People are generally lazy and the hardest issue with losing weight is staying focused and commited, in my opinion.

4. Cindy Merriotch says:

It’s true and many people don’t realize that in order to burn fat optimally you must work out at a certain level. And I wouldn’t doubt that a trampoline might have what it takes to get the heart rate up to that certain level.

Cindy

5. Weight Loss says:

I totally agree with Kristen. Everything will follow once you are healthy and that includes healthy weight. When you are healthy you think more vigorously and positive then you’ll lose weight quicker and safer. Cheers

6. I agree, if you are ever going to keep the weight off then you have to change your lifestyle and become completley commited to having a great body. As for the trompoline workout it seems pretty good, like you say it would be useful for elderly people but also for people who are short on time or just don’t want to be seen jogging in public!

7. A great post. The trampoline sounds good, and fun too. All the comments about healthy living make sense, Someone mentioned the imprtance of sleep, and I agree. Drinking enough water is recommeded too. Thanks all.

8. If your present lifestyle is partly responsible for you being overweight, then it must follow that lifestyle changes are necessary to lose weight.

9. Nancy@Fat Burning Diets says:

Now there is a tool i wish we had at my gym! I use to have one as a kid but nowadays i never even see them around!

10. Angel Lynn says:

I really enjoy my trampoline. I picked it up at Wal-mart for just under $35. Yes, your lifestyle does have to change. You need to eat right, drink up the water, exercise and sleep your 7-8 hours each night. It is the combination of the whole package that will change your health, including weight loss. Thank you all for your input!

11. Running Blog Ross says:

Jogging on a rebounder is great. I was introduced it to my physiotherapist when I picked up a nasty running injury and it allowed me to maintain my fitness without putting any undue stress on my body.

12. Su@abs belt says:

I think that a rebounder sounds like great fun. I think this is the key to fitness, find something you enjoy and stick with it.

13. I showed my dad this article and he was very skeptical, to say the least. So I picked him up a trampoline and two weeks later, he’s actually using it!

I’ve noticed his attitude is more positive and he admits he has an increased amount of energy.

Thanks for the tip!